Information about JNMF Scholarships
CATEGORIES OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The scholarships are available to the following categories of students:
1) Indian Nationals for Ph.D. study in India; and
2) Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D. study in India.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION/SUBJECT
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
1. Physical Sciences
2. Chemical Sciences
3, Mathematical Sciences
4. Biological Sciences
5. Computer Sciences
6. Engineering Sciences
7. Environmental Sciences
8. Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture
9. Indian History & Civilisation
12. Studies on Jawaharlal Nehru
At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
1. Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
2. already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply.
3. not be above 35 years of age at the time of applying.
4. be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
5. have valid GATE /NET score.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
Upto 2 years.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR BOTH THE CATEGORIES
a) Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee - Rs.12,000 per month
b) Annual contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. - Rs. 15,000 per annum